Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Highlights of the Week

Monday, August 23, 2010

Hi Family,

The Baptism was good, isa lamang (one only).

The First presidency has said Preach My Gospel contains everything that is needed to be a successful missionary. It is indeed a super useful and powerful tool. Cool. Preach Christ's Gospel is awesome!

We have branch council, but unfortunately it doesn't exactly consist of a large council. It is all the priesthood basically. Elder Perry, ako (me) at President Lopez and President Buscar (1st Counselor).

Mom, I enjoy the cooking tips. Just don't worry about me. I work hard. I am very grateful for you and dad and you two deciding to give up everything to get married in the temple. Everything that is good in our lives has stemmed from that decision. Everything good in our lives has come from this gospel of JC. Mom I am patwenty(going 20). Don't worry about me so much. Trust me. Trust in God. Thank you for letting me have this opportunity (spiritually, financially and physically) to serve the lord.

This week I got this a very sudden fever very very fast. I still worked the rest of the day though. I was fine kinda. I had pain relievers and fever reducers in my pack. I drank tons of water that night and went to bed. Then in the morning I was still sick. I asked for a blessing. President Lopez came over and gave me a blessing. While he was giving me a blessing I seriously started sweating like crazy!!! It blew my mind! Then I was fine. Then I looked at my leg and I saw a mosquito bite that I had turned into a rash... ibig sabihin.... nakadenge. denge. (Denge fever-mosquito bite related). what a joke. Denge has got nothing on the priesthood.

That was a little leavitous but here is what really happened and why I was healed
1. Prayer
2. Did everything I could to get better-water, medicine, payong (umbrella)
3. Had trust that I could be healed
(the items listed above is called faith)
4. Blessing ni President

so yeah... Mormon 9:8.... Did I mention I finished the the missionary reference library (our heritage, Jesus the Christ, etc.) The Book of Mormon and the New Testament in this transfer? It helps when you wake up to have an extra hour of study each morning. Heavenly Father has blessed me with the ability to wake up in the morning it's great.

I gave a talk on the known god on Sunday. I use the story of Paul and he talks about the unknown god. Acts 17. I will tell you my talk next week. I have no more time

here are some pics.

captions not in order
-Little Nenes are the freaking cutest. This one's name is Liahona... not violating the white handbook.... mother gave permission and she is not on my lap
-This tree is haunted apparently. people were freaking out....
-missionary pic
-some bridge it was cool
-I bought some Ube icecream it was great....

Sige, mahal ko kayo, (Love you guys,)
Elder Roxas









No comments:

Post a Comment